IT Expliots and Musings of an Aspiring Writer

Friday, March 11, 2005

Speeding up

So after several days of struggling with Chapter 14, I've now finished it and am almost done with 15 in the space of one afternoon. How the hell did that happen? I have no idea. Maybe it was the manicure I had today. Maybe it was sleeping in. Maybe it was the three cups of expensive, highly caffeinated coffee I had this morning...

I have a feeling that one of these days soon, I'm going to hit the wall again. The same wall I hit over and over from last weekend until today. At this point I'm taking anything I can get. If I can get through 15 tonight (even though it's past 11 now) I'll consider it a phenomenally successful day.

Chapter 16 is a very emotional chapter. I know it will be hard to edit. It's not emotional like Chapter 9, but it's a key chapter in the relationship between the heroine and her love interest. If it's not perfect (or close to it), the reader won't believe their relationship. I'll probably take several days on this chapter and go through several revisions.

It's late, and I really want to finish Chapter 15.

G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home