IT Expliots and Musings of an Aspiring Writer

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Action!

I'm editing the second main action sequence in the book. This one is a bit more complicated than the first one because there are only five people involved and one of them is pretty badly injured. I've gone back and forth in my head many times over this chapter. The bad guys mostly need to live - so they can come back later and do more damage. The biggest problem I'm having is how to do that. I'd like to insert some tension, some interplay between our heroine and the baddest of the bad guys. It would be dramatic for her to have the opportunity to kill him but decide not to. It would also help the story out a bit later for reasons you'll have to read the book to find out. However, I'm having a hard time coming up with why she wouldn't just kill him. I have an idea, but it requires me to reveal something about the plotline I'm not quite ready to reveal yet. I need to move on, so I'm going to just go with it and let the ideas roll around in my head a bit to see if I can come up with something better to put in later.

-Struggling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home