IT Expliots and Musings of an Aspiring Writer

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Bridging the Gap

FINALLY! I made it to the parts of the book I've already written! WHOO HOO! This is a big deal for me because now I just need to edit for about 10 chapters. Now I just need to get feedback on a few more chapters back from a couple of friends of mine. I feel like the book is going well. It makes sense. I'm adding bits and pieces of the mystery portion every day, inserting hints for the reader, trying to make them obscure enough that the reader will be at least a little surprised at the end.

So far I've only had one piece of feedback I wasn't really happy with. One of my friends asked if Emily and her partner got together by the end (romantically). I never even considered that. I realize why she asked it...so far her love interest has only shown up in about a paragraph. I had to set the story first. There was a lot of background information and a whole lot of the spy story that had to come out before Emily could really accept her love interest in her life. So I think I might go back into one of the earlier chapters and at least add a phone call from the love interest. That way he'll at least be a bit more present in the book before he makes his grand entrance.

So onto editing Chapter 8. If I can get through 8 tonight, I have Chapter 9 already edited. I can't express how good it feels to get this far!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home