IT Expliots and Musings of an Aspiring Writer

Friday, February 25, 2005

Destruction of Strength

Well, it's done. I've completely destroyed my main character. Now I know, I've blogged about this before. I actually wrote the chapter that destroyed her months ago. Then I edited it. Made it more vile, more emotional. But last night, I gave it the final edits. I thought a lot about it. Sent it off to a trusted friend, thought about it some more. Now it's done. I have no desire to edit it again. Ever.

Now I get to start building the character back up again. This is the good part, the warm and fuzzy part. This is actually where I started writing the novel way back in October. The first chapter I wrote...the first line I wrote...is still pretty much intact (and damnit, it's going to stay that way). I love this chapter. It's not my favorite chapter in the book - that comes later. But it's a start on the character's reclamation of her strength, of her identity. She's a better person when this journey is through.

Oh...and I finally figured out how to fix Chapter 10 so I wasn't revealing that little plot twist I didn't want to reveal. I love it when a plan comes together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home