IT Expliots and Musings of an Aspiring Writer

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Oh My

I told my mother tonight. My God, I told my mother. I've been worrying about telling her for months. I didn't want to tell her and then fail. Why did I do it? Well, she asked. I always told myself that if someone asked me flat out, I'd tell them. I don't need to lie about this, I'm making progress, the feedback I've gotten has been positive and constructive, the story is flowing, and it's getting easier - all of it. Accepting what I'm doing, managing how obsessive I am about this, balancing this, work, life. So I decided to just go ahead and tell her.

She didn't seem all that surprised. I'm not quite sure why not. Maybe she saw one of the days I was working on the book at home. I brought the tablet home a couple of times and worked on it, way back when. Maybe she just knew something was going on - you know, mother's intuition. Who knows. I don't care. She knows.

Today was a pretty decent day though. Told my mother and finished Chapter 6! Now I can get on to Chapter 7.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home