IT Expliots and Musings of an Aspiring Writer

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Fixing My Mistakes

Remember the Scarpetta phenomenon? Well, it has two parts. The first, I've already blogged about. The total degeneration of a strong character into a weak one. The second part is along the same thread. A smart character doing something so incredibly stupid all you want to do is slap them silly.

Well, I was almost guilty of part 2. Editing Chapter 8, I realized that I had my herione doing something incredibly stupid. I mean stupendously stupid. Stupider than stupid. One of those scenarios that if it had happened on TV, you'd be yelling at the TV saying "YOU IDIOT!"

So I'm not as close as I wanted to be to Chapter 9. I have to figure out a whole new way for the herione to get herself into this dangerous situation. Smartly. Now, if I only had access to twelve people and a parking garage to block the action out...any volunteers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home