IT Expliots and Musings of an Aspiring Writer

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Chapter 5!

Whoo Hoo! I'm on to Chapter 5! This has been a very long ten days or so. I've been avoiding Chapter 5 for a while now. See I've written, rewritten, and edited Chapters 1-4 many times. Then I sent them off to a friend of mine who is a very talented writer. She was very busy and didn't get to read them until last night. Meanwhile I haven't wanted to move on until I found out if they "worked" or not. (So I worked on the middle chapters that needed some pretty significant editing.) She's incredibly talented and I value her opinion probably more than anyone else's.

Now that I have her feedback, I feel like I can move on. I have about half of Chapter 5 written, but I didn't want to go any further until I knew if what I'd written in the previous chapters held her attention. She doesn't read mystery or romance novels so I was hoping that the story would be compelling enough for her to keep reading. Well, she told me she wanted to find out what happened next, so I think I did my job. The story was cohesive enough to keep her interested and she cares enough about the main character to want to know what happens to her.

Can I just say that I nearly cried with relief?

Ok, enough about Chapters 1-4. Now I'm moving on to Chapter 5. Once I finish that, I can move on to edit all of the middle chapters. I probably have Chapters 6-14 already written. I have a nice gap for Chapters 15-17 and then I've written Chapters 18-20, which is where the book ends. I really need to get back to Chapter 5 now. Unfortunately, I can't quite figure out what I want to say next. Great. I've spent a week thinking about it and now I find I've thought so much about it, that I can't get it down on paper (or into the computer). Oh well. I'm just going to start writing and see where it leads me!

-Thanks Y! You're the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home