IT Expliots and Musings of an Aspiring Writer

Friday, January 14, 2005

Progress

In addition to lots of editing, I've got a couple major scenes left to write. See the good guys need to track down the bad guys. To do this, they have to fly from Seattle to San Francisco and track the bad guys down somwhere...I haven't gotten that far yet. But I skipped ahead a bit and started writing the big confession scene. You know which one I'm talking about - the one where the bad guy admits to the good guys exactly how he pulled off the whole damn thing, all the while holding a gun to their heads, planning on killing them before he makes his grand escape.

I had a hard time even starting to write this scene. I mean, come on...this is one of those unwritten rules of life. If you're the bad guy, the surest way to get caught is to hold the good guys at gunpoint (or in some other perilous situation) and confess to them what you've done. This is the way EVERY James Bond movie ends as well as the vast majority of mystery books. On the other hand, there's a reason this is the way every Bond movie ends - it just seems to work.

There are unanswered questions in this book. How does the bad guy get his top secret data? Why is he bad in the first place? Even though I've hinted at how this is all accomplished throughout the book, there are still lots of unanswered questions.

So tomorrow, I'll keep working through the scene. Maybe I'll even add a joke about the Bond tie in before I'm through.

-Patricia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home