IT Expliots and Musings of an Aspiring Writer

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Random PSC Happenings, #1

I'm in Customer Service today (in the new office, commonly referred to as the hole). I'm talking with a friend when all of a sudden, the CSR in the next cubicle lets out this horrendous cry. We both just stared at her. She sounded like she was being attacked!

So, I decided to turn it into a little excerpt.

"No!" The delicate cry echoed from her lips with such horror that Tina recoiled
and leapt from her desk. Surely, her office mate, Kelly, was under attack, the
shock of her exclamation could mean nothing less. Rounding the cubicle wall, she
burst into hysterical laughter at the sight of Kelly, grasping her computer
monitor with desperate hands, pleading with it to restore her lost spreadsheets.

Why did I do this? I have no idea. Maybe it's because so many hysterical things happen at the office and I never write them down. Maybe it's because I'm seriously trying to become a fiction writer and I felt the need to stretch my wings. Maybe I was just bored.

-Patricia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home